Cuba and Puerto Rico
A collection of 10 different slave documents from 1875-1884.
1. 1877 certificate for the death of a slave
2. 1884 document freeing from punishment a pardo named Juan Garcia Charel
3. 1875 document on the transfer of slaves
4. 1875 slave death certificate and request of inheritance, Matanzas. A 4 page document
5. 1884 application for the freedom of a slave named Juan Jose, Matanzas.
7. 1875 request for the replacement of a slave
8. 1884 document concerning the freeing of a slave named Juan Garcia
9. 1875 document unknown
10. 1881 register of movement of freedmen (slaves who became free) for the month of July in Matanzas. Provides a wealth of detail on the patron of the slave as well as the slave. There is information on 43 slaves and their patrons.